(1919) W. J. Tucker opened a hardware business around 1868 in a wood frame building on the corner of West Church Street and Houston. Later, a red brick structure with a cut-corner drive-thru was constructed for the convenience of the customers who patronized John Gladish’s filling station and Buick car agency. The letter “T” incorporated into the brick cornices on the north and west sides of the corner building, still denotes Tucker family ownership of the property. In 1919, Mr. Tucker built the adjoining building to the east, occupied at various times by auto related businesses, an ice cream parlor, and for 20 years, the Creamland Cafe. From 1970 until 2011, the building housed the Colonial Art Shoppe.