(1879) (c. 1900) Weatherford’s population and economy improved during the late 1880s due largely to the construction of three railroads. The Barbecue and Ball celebration was held in June 1880, in honor of the arrival of the first passenger train into Weatherford over the T & P Rail. Dignitaries of the Knights of Pythias arrived at the T & P station in 1905 to view a possible site for its Widows’ and Orphans’ Home. The yellow brick building (c. 1900) features a watchtower. on the first and second floors. A double row of arched windows runs the length of the southern wall of the stone building. A railroad spur once served the south side of the building.