Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

Santa Fe Depot

Add to plan Remove from plan

(1910)
Typical of the early small town depot, the pressed red brick depot features southwestern architectural influences. The interior was designed to meet Jim Crow laws with two waiting rooms divided by ticket, telegraph, and station master’s offices. The last train left the platform in April 1959. The Chamber of Commerce has occupied the building since 1984. A life-size bronze statue, unveiled in 1999, commemorates Weatherford’s bragging rights as the “Cutting Horse Capital of the World.” The Bozzell Memorial Plaza and a restored Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe caboose are located at the north end of the depot. (THL)

  • Arts & Culture
Processing