Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

R. W. Kindel Home

Add to plan Remove from plan

(c. 1881)
This Second Empire French (Neo-Renaissance) style home echoes the style of the Parker County Courthouse. It is constructed of limestone handquarried from a local site. It features a mansard copper roof, a corner tower, square porch columns, deeply recessed windows and twenty inch thick stone walls. “R. W. Kindel 1876” appears in red paint on a coal furnace fed by a coal chute in the cellar. Mr. Kindel, the original owner of the house, was a local druggist for sixty years. He operated a castor oil business in the limestone building west of Old City Greenwood Cemetery. Texas Historical Landmark

  • Arts & Culture
Processing