(1869) In 1869, the Phoenix Masonic Lodge commenced construction of a two-story brick building to be used as a school and for Lodge purposes. The first class graduated in June, 1876. In 1889, the school was sold to the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The venerable “Old Main” was built onto the front of the earlier Masonic Institute circa 1894. In 1949, the school was released to the newly formed Parker County Junior College District. Unable to significantly expand the original college land holdings, construction on a new 89 acre campus began in 1967. The last class graduated at “Old Main” in June, 1968. The dignified landmark was razed in 1969 and replaced by a “modern” Safeway market.