(1880) Once the fifth largest bank in Texas, First National Bank was housed in the original stone and brick building on this site. Texas Business College occupied the second floor for many years. During a major remodeling in the 1950s, a corner quoin, a dentil roof border and hooded arched windows were removed and a layer of white stucco was applied to the existing red brick. This bank is credited with introducing “drive-through” banking to the city. A bronze night depository remains on the south wall. The bank left the Square in the 1960s and relocated to Palo Pinto Street on the former site of the Hotel Parker.