Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

Old City Hall & Fire Station

Add to plan Remove from plan

(1933)
The cornerstone of a new city hall and fire station building was laid in 1911. The building was condemned in 1928 due to a faulty foundation. The current 1933 Art-Deco red brick building features vertical corbelled pilasters, stone coping and stone inserts. Fire, police and city administrative departments moved to new quarters in 1986. After a 1988 facelift, this city landmark once again houses numerous city offices while the old fire bays have been given new life as an art gallery and classrooms. (THL)

  • Arts & Culture
Processing