(c. 1870) W. R. Turner operated the largest livery establishment in Weatherford many years before he erected a stone building on this site in 1886. A marble keystone inscribed “1870” can be found on the northwest wall. A devastating fire in the 1890s resulted in the death of many stabled horses. Dodge auto dealer, W.L. Hobson & Co., occupied the site for over 25 years, continuing the tradition of transportation oriented uses at this location.