Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

First Financial Bank

Add to plan Remove from plan

(c. 1885)
Established in 1882 by pioneer J. R. Couts as the Citizen’s National Bank, this endeavor has been a Parker County institution for over 125 years. The dignified two-story cut limestone building, completed in 1885, features fluted cast iron Corinthian columns capped by acanthus leaves, windows hooded by stilted arches, and an elaborately adorned cornice. A cutcorner entrance, typical of the commercial buildings of this period, is located on the southeast corner of the structure. A million dollar restoration in 1989 returned the building to its former historical facade. The structure houses one of the oldest Texas banks west of Dallas. (THL)

  • Arts & Culture
Processing