Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

First Baptist Church

Add to plan Remove from plan

(1869)
The First Baptist Church has worshiped on this block since 1869. The original wooden structure on Church Street was replaced in 1896 with a new rock church at Alamo and Palo Pinto Streets. Later, an impressive red brick sanctuary with majestic stained glass windows, a two-story frame manse and a tabernacle were built on this site. The old sanctuary was razed and a new one completed in 1960.

  • Arts & Culture
Processing