(c. 1936) On this city-owned site can be found the house-studio and gardens created by internationally acclaimed artist Douglas Chandor. Queen Elizabeth II, President Franklin Roosevelt and his wife, Eleanor, were only a few of the distinguished subjects captured on canvas by Chandor. Douglas married Ina Kuteman Hill, a local socialite, in 1936. He began construction of the house-studio and gardens soon after the wedding. He named his outdoor masterpiece “White Shadows.” Following his untimely death in 1953, Ina renamed the gardens in honor of her husband. The present entrance to the gardens is located at 711 West Lee. An admission fee is charged.