(1889/1902) Built by Eddleman & Davis, this building once housed Coleman & Lysaght, a wholesale grocery, and J.R. Lewis Hardware. Ravaged by fire in May 1901, the ruin was purchased and rebuilt by T.S. Carter. Carter-Ivy Hardware was a family business until it ceased operations in 2004. The “balance” elevator once hoisted “swamp boxes” (evaporative coolers) and work wagons to the second floor. The interior still retains the aura of a bygone era.