Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

BBVA Compass Bank

Add to plan Remove from plan

(c. 1880)
Chartered in 1889 as Merchants and Farmers National Bank, this establishment was originally on the southwest corner of the Square. By 1894, the bank had moved to this North Main location. The present building encompasses several historic sites including the Paragon Saloon and the Harcourt Building on the corner. The bank became Merchants and Farmers State Bank in 1909 and then Texas Bank in 1986. Major remodeling in 1954 and 1982 altered the exterior architecture to its current modern look. (THL)

  • Arts & Culture
Processing