(1887) English-born stonecutter, Alex Rawlins, opened Weatherford Marble Works in 1887 on the back of this lot. Built at the lot front after a 1902 fire, the current office building was bricked in 1927. The business has always been engaged in the sale and manufacture of granite cemetery products made completely by hand until power machinery was installed in 1918. Two sons joined the enterprise in 1915 and 1920 resulting in the present name of Alex Rawlins and Sons. This family business recently celebrated its 125th anniversary.